Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and has a wealth of world-class museums and galleries; iconic architecture, amazing restaurants, stunning parks and gardens, fabulous shopping and incredibly friendly people!
Check out www.peoplemakeglasgow.com for lots of info on the city!
- Visit Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum – the jewel in the city’s cultural crown. Open seven days and admission free. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums/venues/kelvingrove-art-gallery-and-museum
- Enjoy Zaha Hadid’s iconic designed Riverside Museum, which houses the city’s transport and travel collection. Open seven days and admission free https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums
- See the highland cattle in Pollok Park and visit Pollok House, Glasgow’s very own ‘Downton Abbey’. https://www.nts.org.uk/visit/places/pollok-house
- Step back to 1903 and have afternoon tea at the newly restored Mackintosh at the Willow on Sauchiehall Street. https://www.willowtearoomstrust.org/
- Find out more about the genius of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Glasgow born architect, artist and designer at: https://www.glasgowmackintosh.com/
- Walk around medieval Glasgow Cathedral and the stunning Necropolis.
- Here’s the link to some top tips for what to see and do: https://peoplemakeglasgow.com/trip-inspiration/
- Each of Glasgow’s neighbourhoods has its own distinctive vibe. See the following link and discover which appeal most to you! : https://peoplemakeglasgow.com/neighbourhoods
Vegan and/or vegetarian cafes close to the Arlington:
- Serenity Now, 380 Great Western Road – https://www.serenitynowcafe.com/
- In Bloom, Clarendon Street https://en-gb.facebook.com/glasgowinbloom/
City Centre/Merchant City
- Stereo, Renfield Lane – cool vegan bar and kitchen in a Charles Rennie Mackintosh Art Nouveau designed building https://www.stereocafebar.com/
- Mono, 12 Kings Court. Situated in Glasgow’s Merchant City and renowned for its relaxed atmosphere and quality food, it also has an in-house record store and regular live entertainment http://www.monocafebar.com/
- For suggestions on all types of food and drink, see also:https://peoplemakeglasgow.com/trip-inspiration/food-and-drink/