We want to start by thanking each and every one of you.
For being there, for turning up to classes, for reading, for thinking of us, for supporting us. 2020 has been quite some year, for the world and for our community. We made it, thanks to the strength, commitment and joy you have all brought.
Yesterday we closed our Autumn 2020 programme and we have been humbled by the numbers of people joining our classes, by our international family showing up and by your amazing attention to your practice. We have learned so much with you. Truly, thank you. We already look forward to 2021. We are back bright and early on Monday 4 January, and the programme is already up. All your favourite classes are back and we have added a regular meditation class with Patricia on Wednesdays 5-6pm. We have also added a pass of £25 for 5 classes so you don’t have to book each individually. It will last for a whole 2 months too!
Please let us know any feedback you might have on how to improve our programme. We are here to serve and support you.
Since March, we have been aware that we would have to continue the work that Rosina had already started on finding a new name for the studio. She wanted to do this to better reflect the community of teachers she gathered around her. For the first time since 2009, she was not alone!
Finding a new name has been a hard process to go through, and we are pleased to announce we have come up with something simple which we think is also fitting: Yoga Moves Glasgow. We chose the new name to fully honour Rosina: Yoga is what she taught us, Moves is what she called the original studio and Glasgow is where her home was.
Our ethos, as reflected in the name, also comes from her: Whatever the problem, it can be solved by moving.
Here are a few changes we have done and some you might expect:
- We have changed our website and email. The old ones will continue to work for the time being but if you can please update your records. Remember you can unsubscribe at any point by clicking on the button at the bottom of this email (but we hope you stay!).
- We have changed our name on our momo booking system. Hopefully this will cause no disruption, though, but let us know if you have any issues.
- We will change our social media and you might receive invitations to join our new pages.
- We are also in the process of commissioning a new logo. Watch this space!
- We have made some updates to the website, especially the About pageand Rosina’s page. Have a look!
Join us for classes in the new year to celebrate Rosina’s extraordinary legacy as we continue her work on and off the mat.
Sending you lots of love and wishes for a restful holiday.
The Yoga Moves Glasgow team