In light of the rapidly changing developments with Corona Virus (Covid-19) we would like to keep you updated with the measures we are taking at the studio. We are committed to your wellbeing and do not want to jeopardise anyone’s health and safety.
For the time being, we will continue to run classes as normal, but keep checking the website, social media and email for any changes. These can happen in a matter of hours!
The Arlington staff is taking care of hygiene and cleanliness in the Reading Room. Please note that general attendance to our classes does not allow access to other areas of the Club, and that these are only for members. We would like to ask our practitioners to keep our room as clean as possible. For this reason, we would ask you to take note of the following:
- If you have a cough or flu-like symptoms (runny nose, sneezing, sore head) don’t come to class, even if you feel is a mild cold and you are fine to practice. If you are concerned about your passes, please get in touch with us.
- If you have recently returned from a country with a high risk of coronavirus (Italy, China, South Korea … Click here for the full list), please stay at home! Email us if you are concerned about your monthly pass.
- If you do cough or sneeze cover your nose and mouth with a tissue and throw the tissue away. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Keep Your hands away from your face, whenever possible. We strongly encourage a social distancing for all greetings — no handshakes or hugs. We know this is hard! Elbow bumps are acceptable, we are told.
- Wash your hands before coming into the studio AND when you finish your practice. You need to do it with soap for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Please bring and use your own mat whenever possible. Contact surfaces like mats appear to be some of the higher risk ways of transferring the virus. Our studio mats are still available to use but they must be thoroughly wiped down with our spray BEFORE and AFTER use, and left out to dry if possible.
- We will be changing our current tee tree oil solution to a stronger disinfectant so please let us know if this will raise any allergies for you. We will aim to deep clean the mats we use as often as possible. Please do help us to maintain good hygiene standards by being extra conscientious when wiping the mats and taking the towels away with you if you brought any.
- When using blocks, bricks or bolsters avoid contact with your face – if this is not possible ask us for a towel to put over the prop.
Teachers will be taking the same hygiene precautions and where necessary, instruction will be verbal rather than through contact.
For any health information and advice, please refer to the NHS website and to Health Protection Scotland. If you are worried about symptoms please call your GP or NHS24 (111). Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment – phone instead.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about our classes or the studio at the Arlington.
If you can, keep up your practice for the time being. A regular yoga practice strengthens the immune system.
The RBM team xx