Mysore is a personal practice in a group setting with the help, support and assistance of a teacher.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga requires regular practice to memorise the sequence, synchronise the breath and reap the benefits.
It offers strength and flexibility, developing both physical and mental awareness, balancing the body and mind.
It is a dynamic and progressing sequence of postures linked together by the breath. For each movement there is one breath. The set sequence builds discipline and patience, minimising indulging in strengths and avoiding weaknesses! Progress is self-evident and experiential.
The benefits of a mysore style class are significant:
– You can work at your pace and level
– You get individual help
– You spend more time investing in the postures
– You receive hands-on adjustment and assistance
– You can enjoy the freedom that this approach offers, developing a personal practice you can take anywhere
– You understand your breath pattern and the fluidity of the sequencing
– You experience the mind and body connection on a deeper level
– You benefit from the energy of the group, which intensifies the breath movement synchronicity
– It helps you to maintain your focus and develop the mental and meditative aspects of the practice
You can start at any time during the time slot so long as you finish by the end time. Beginners to this type of yoga practice are welcome.